Translate

Friday 8 August 2014

The lost lines

English: Bude castle
English: Bude castle (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
English: Taken myself shows bude haven from th...
English: shows Bude Haven from the top gates of the sea lock. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Yesterday I went to Bude. I had wanted to go for some time. It was a sunny, warm day and leaving the A30 there was a huge loaded truck in front of us on the narrow road northwards through Devon and onwards towards the Cornish coast. What a speed he went, the truck driver! The only time any of us in vehicles behind him were held back was on a very long hill. Eventually he chose a different route while I ploughed on to my destination with other holiday visitors to the seaside.

The town was quietly busy at 12 noon. I got into a beach car park and fortunately found a way out. A parking place in a street near a bank seemed a good idea. A short walk and a coffee, then it was time for an early lunch at the Falcon Hotel.

There was no sign of the missing lines.

Can anyone help me find them? The finishing lines of the limerick:

"There was a young lady from Bude,
Who went to the flicks in the nude ...."?

No comments:

Post a Comment